Wedding Traditions & Customs
Weddings are a joyous affair, both for the couple involved and for their near and dear ones. Irrespective of which corner of the world the bride and groom belongs to, weddings are cheerful occasions that are celebrated with great pomp and fare. Depending on which faith the bride and groom belong to, there are different traditions and customs that are followed [...]
Wedding Rings & Their Importance
Wedding rings are the token exchanged at the wedding ceremonies. They are a pure symbol of perpetual love and commitment. Steeped in tradition, they connect two souls for lifelong companionship and faithfulness. Over the years, even as the meaning of wedding rings has changed in different cultures, yet they are highly valued as the symbol of the beginning of the new good relations [...]
What You Must Include In Your Bridal Makeup
Without an iota of doubt, you would have decided what you would be wearing on your d-day. The jewelry and footwear would have been decided too. But, have you decided the make-up as well? Don’t leave the makeup only to the makeup artist [...]
Weddings are a joyous affair, both for the couple involved and for their near and dear ones. Irrespective of which corner of the world the bride and groom belongs to, weddings are cheerful occasions that are celebrated with great pomp and fare. Depending on which faith the bride and groom belong to, there are different traditions and customs that are followed. Here we are going to highlight some customs and traditions that are particular to catholic marriages.
- Giving Away Of The Bride
As per this popular custom, the bride walks down the aisle with her father, & when they reach the stage the father hands over the bride to the groom. This custom is symbolic of the fact that the father is entrusting the groom with the care of his daughter from here on.
- Wedding Vows
Though there are standard wedding vows that are traditionally used in most catholic weddings, many a times the bride or the groom add a personal touch and write their own vows. These wedding vows may be funny or sober; a simple declaration of their heartfelt love for their partner or a promise to treasure their partner for a lifetime.
As per this custom, the priest calls upon the guests assembled in the church to raise their hands if they have any objection to the match. In the absence of any objection, the union is considered to be holy and complete.
- Bouquet Toss
Once the union is considered complete, the bride turns around and tosses the bridal bouquet into the crowd of unmarried women. The bridal bouquet is considered lucky and the unmarried woman who catches it is considered to be next in line for marriage.
- Tossing Of the Wedding Garter
Just as the bridal bouquet is considered lucky for the unmarried girl who catches it, the garter too has the same symbolism attached to it. As per the custom, the bride is asked to sit and the groom proceeds to remove the garter from her leg which he then tosses into a crowd of unmarried men.
Apart from these, there are many more customs associated with a catholic marriage. All of these customs have a symbolic meaning behind them; knowing the symbolism gives us a better understanding of the whole wedding ceremony.
Few Pros And Cons Of International Marriage
Love has no boundaries so does Marriage in this era of globalization. International Marriage is a new age concept that is increasingly accepted by natives of different countries who want to indulge in marital alliance [...]
How To Live A Blissful & Happy Second Marriage
The notions about marriages have changed drastically over the years. The stigma attached to being a divorcee has almost dwindled and people are not embarrassed to commit that if they do not find the right partner first time, they would be happy to opt for a second alliance [...]
Make A Thoughtful Marriage Decision With Indian Matrimonial Sites
Gone are those days when parents used to hop from one household to another to look for cultured daughter-in-laws, and mothers used to prepare an array of dishes when potential in-laws used to arrive to see their darling daughters. We live in the world where stereotypical roles have changed drastically and women are no more confined to the four walls of the house [...]
Ceremonies In An Italian Wedding
Are you planning your wedding? Don’t want to go the usual way? Well… you can make it unique, romantic and blessed by doing it in an Italian style! Yes, we are taking about an Italian Wedding Ceremony! Even if going to Tuscany for exchanging vows isn’t possible, you can still add a touch of Italy to the most celebrated day of your life and make it memorable by following the common traditions and ceremonies of an Italian Wedding [...]
Tips on Interracial Marriage
Interracial Marriages not only increase the chances of finding the right soulmate but also help one to know about different cultures and traditions. No doubt that society is becoming very open about their children, peers or relatives choosing a life partner that belongs to some other race, religion or culture. However, there are still many who take dating or marrying across racial lines as a stigma [...]
Getting Married Can Be Fun
Is your marriage on the cards? Does that make you fidget? Well… marriage being such an important decision of life is sure to run a few droplets of sweat and cause sleepless nights. But hey… this life changing step does not mean the end of all the fun! Yes, there is a lot more in marriage than just commitments and compulsions [...]
Italian Wedding: Its Customs, Traditions & Folklores
Italian Weddings are indeed one of the most lavish indulgences! Lengthy celebrations and scrumptious food, all are the integral parts of engagement & reception ceremonies in an Italian Wedding. Apart from merry making, the rich traditions and folklores make Italian Wedding very special [...]
Is your marriage on the cards? Does that make you fidget? Well… marriage being such an important decision of life is sure to run a few droplets of sweat and cause sleepless nights. But hey… this life changing step does not mean the end of all the fun! Yes, there is a lot more in marriage than just commitments and compulsions. With just a few sincere efforts, you can enjoy all the good times with your partner as marriage certainly brings positive changes, bliss and love along. Here are few helpful reminders that will make your embrace marriage heartily:
- What’s Better Than Being With Your Best Friend Always!
Your spouse is not only your lover, but a best friend as well. Strolling down the road of life together with your best friend will make the journey truly enjoyable. A strong and healthy relationship is what you will get by preparing for the life’s little hiccups as one and facing together the challenges triumphantly.
- Double Entertainment!
Right from planning holidays, going for adventurous trips, playing sports, learning languages, making improvements in the house, hosting parties to achieving life goals, all can be done in the most entertaining way with your permanent cuddle buddy.
- Just The Perfect Intimacy!
Marriage brings all a steady and satisfied sex life. A firm bond between the committed partners not only makes sex comfortable but exciting as well. The romance and intimacy will surely rev up all the experiences of your life together with your partner.
- It’s You Who Can Make It Or Break It!
Controlling the entire show is in your and your spouse’s hands. You can either make it monotonous and boring by cooking the same meals or watching the same daily soaps everyday or wild and spontaneous by doing some adventures and thrills.
As per many dating and marriage experts, marriage is not just that iron chain and heavy ball that translates to a prison sentence, but is the foundation of a healthy, funny and exciting life. So simply cut down all the inhibitions, make peace with your wandering thoughts and get ready to rock and rock with your partner for life!
Are you planning your wedding? Don’t want to go the usual way? Well… you can make it unique, romantic and blessed by doing it in an Italian style! Yes, we are taking about an Italian Wedding Ceremony! Even if going to Tuscany for exchanging vows isn’t possible, you can still add a touch of Italy to the most celebrated day of your life and make it memorable by following the common traditions and ceremonies of an Italian Wedding! So, now if this excites you, here is a brief description of the main ceremonies in an Italian Wedding, for you:
The Church Service
Italian Weddings last as long as an entire day or even pull out the start of the next day. Performing church services early in the morning is an integral part of the ceremonies involved in an Italian Wedding.
The Wedding Ceremony
A traditional Italian Wedding Ceremony generally takes place in the afternoon time. The tradition of exchanging engagement rings and gold wedding bands by the couples is very common. The Wedding Ceremony usually encounters a large number of guests. Borsa, a white colored small sating bag, is carried by the bride to place all the money and tiny gifts offered by these guests. Merry making and drinks are enjoyed by the newly married couple as well as the guests till few hours after the wedding.
The Wedding Reception
Wedding feast held at the reception is one of the most important parts of an Italian wedding. More than 13 food courses are served to please the taste buds of all the wedding guests. Serving soup made of meatballs, rice and Parmesan cheese as one of these food courses is a common tradition. Offering little bags of candied almonds to the guests is also a special tradition of an Italian Wedding reception. Enjoyment and dancing are followed far onto the early hours of the next day by the newly wedded couple and guests.
To conclude, it can be said that Italian Wedding is indeed one lavish indulgence. It not only celebrates the love between the bride and groom, but also stands as a testimony to the long going and rich Italian cultures and traditions.
A Glance At Some Traditions Followed In Catholic Wedding
Catholic Weddings have been much popularized in Hollywood movies and TV Dramas. Now, how many of us, especially the women, can claim to have remained unaffected when the beautiful bride in a lovely wedding gown walks down the aisle in these movies [...]
Idea Of Tiffany Blue As Wedding Theme
Using Tiffany Blue as a wedding theme symbolizes the sense of elegance, opulence and wealth at your special day. It is not necessary to use Tiffany Jewelry to apply the Tiffany Theme to your wedding. Sometimes, people cannot afford to buy the jewelry. You can simply apply tiffany along with pearl white color to give it a grace and a little bit of sparkle to make it an authentic Tiffany Wedding [...]
Seating Arrangements To Be Made At Wedding Ceremony
Organizing a wedding ceremony includes an important task which cannot be ignored i.e. arranging the seats for guest. Appropriate seats should be allocated including the families of both bride and groom as sometimes wrong allocation may result into complaints from the guests [...]
Superstitions That Brides Follow
The wedding day is a special day for the couple who is about to enter into a lifelong relationship with each other. Though it is an important day for both the partners, for the bride it is D-Day of her life. Although many people may take this as a sexist comment, it is just that girls are more sentimental about marriages as compared to guys [...]
Organizing a wedding ceremony includes an important task which cannot be ignored i.e. arranging the seats for guest. Appropriate seats should be allocated including the families of both bride and groom as sometimes wrong allocation may result into complaints from the guests. Following are the instructions that can be considered while making seating arrangement for the wedding:
- Before planning anything, one should have the list of the guests that are attending the wedding as without the list, it won’t be easy to allocate right number of seats to the guests.
- An ideal seating for the couple’s parents, typically seen at the traditional church weddings, comprises the groom’s parents being seated on the right side and bride’s parents being on the left side. The rest of the family is generally seated behind the seats allocated to the parents of the couple. The important task is to have a layout of the arrangement of the seats as this will make it easy to allot the seats wisely.
- The seating for the close relatives and friends should be in proximity to the seating of the bride and groom. It’s better to place a card with the name of the guest at each seat for ease.
- The seating of younger children should be arranged with their parents; the adolescents may either sit with their parents or at the separate chairs. If several children would be attending the ceremony, it is better to have children’s corner. The table can be placed somewhat separately from the seating of the parents but in the setting where parents can easily keep tabs on the kids.
- When arranging the seats, it should be kept in mind that old people should not be made sit near the speakers. The guests who have the mobility issues should be made sit near to the exit doors or the rest rooms.
Seating plans do play an important role not only at wedding ceremony but at every formal and informal occasion. Make the best arrangements with prioritizing the comfort of your guests. Last but not least, be always ready for the last minute change in the arrangements.
Using Tiffany Blue as a wedding theme symbolizes the sense of elegance, opulence and wealth at your special day. It is not necessary to use Tiffany Jewelry to apply the Tiffany Theme to your wedding. Sometimes, people cannot afford to buy the jewelry. You can simply apply tiffany along with pearl white color to give it a grace and a little bit of sparkle to make it an authentic Tiffany Wedding.
The Tiffany Blue Theme Can Be Applied For:
- Invitations – Print your invitation card under the tiffany blue theme. It would be amazing to tie a pearl white ribbon over your three fold card with the initials of the name of the couple over them. This will create an impact of a classic Tiffany Gift Boxes and bags when your guests will receive it.
- Décor – The Tiffany Blue Theme can be reflected into the ambience of the wedding venue. Theme can be applied to linens, flowers and chair covers. Blue lights can be used around the dining area. For flowers, you can try using white lilies with a blue satin ribbon tied over it to reflect the color scheme. Remember that it is best not to overdo the color scheme as it will result into a disaster. Use of light color should be more if you have chosen an indoor venue.
- Favors – Favors should also match to your wedding themes. Tiffany Blue Wedding Theme can be easily implemented on your favors. You can present them into a blue colored box with a thick white satin ribbon tied over it. You may fill it with your favorite chocolates or any other thing you find suitable. Make sure that whatever you choose your guests love it.
- Dress – Both Bride and Groom can be dressed as per Tiffany Blue Theme. Brides may ask her accompanying girls to wear blue gowns and she herself wear white gown similar things can be done with the groom. Dresses can also add grace to the Tiffany Blue theme Wedding.
Tiffany blue has become very famous in the past few years. It looks really elegant and is liked by the guests too. What you need to do is to choose the color shades wisely and arrange them in good proportion.
Catholic Weddings have been much popularized in Hollywood movies and TV Dramas. Now, how many of us, especially the women, can claim to have remained unaffected when the beautiful bride in a lovely wedding gown walks down the aisle in these movies. How many of us can claim not to have shed tears when the bride and groom, all decked up in their wedding attire, exchanged vows to love and cherish each other forever?
A Catholic Wedding signifies a lifelong partnership between a man and a woman who take the wedding vows in a scared church. Catholics Weddings include strict rituals & customs which are performed with the blessings of a priest. Therefore, it requires intense planning and a careful execution. A typical catholic wedding includes various customs, traditions and also of course various superstitions. Some traditions that makes a Catholic Wedding memorable are-
- Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary- In this ceremony, the priest on behalf of the bride seeks the blessing of Mary through prayer and the laying of flowers.
- The Lazo (Lasso) - The tradition of lasso is prominent in the Hispanic culture and other Asian cultures. As per this custom, a wedding rosary is made and wrapped around the couple’s neck which signifies the unification of the couple. After offering prayers, at the end of the ceremony, the rosary is given to bride as a memento for becoming the mistress of the house.
- The Arras – Arras is the small box containing thirteen, either, gold or silver coins. These coins represent Christ and his twelve Apostles. The groom gifts the Arras to the bride promising to financially support her always. And bride promises to use the finances wisely.
- Exchanging Rings – Exchange of rings is a common practice performed in catholic weddings. This tradition signifies the bond that is made between God and the couple by performing this ritual. Only the finger on which the ring is placed has varied from time to time. Earlier, it used to be the thumb but nowadays the ring is placed on the third finger on the left hand.
The customs & rituals performed during the Catholic Wedding have deep rooted religious connections. All these customs have ingrained meanings associated with them. All these customs and rituals lend a sacred touch to the whole affair & make it more memorable.