A parlor game at the wedding reception may sound childish to many people but it is a nice way to have fun along with friends and family. Also it would also help make the wedding eve more special and memorable for the bride and groom.
There are many entertaining yet simple games one can play at the wedding reception. In the following write up, there are a few suggestions for parlor games that can be enjoyed at the reception.
- The Blind Fold Game – This is a really popular game at wedding receptions and it can be really entertaining too. All the male guests present in the wedding party are lined up & the bride is blindfolded. Next the bride’s friends lead her to all the men in the party one by one, & she has to find out which one the groom is by touching. To make the game more fun, some clues could be given to her.
- ‘The Couple’ Game - All the couples present in the wedding party could be given different titles like ‘the cutest couple’, ‘the madly-in-love couple’ ‘the most handsome couple’, the ‘best dressed couple’, the ‘funniest couple’, etc. You just have to get creative and funny with the titles you come up with.
- The ‘First- Time’ Game – This game would specially be enjoyed by the newly-wed couple as this game would specially involve the bride and groom’s participation. It basically involves giving the guests a blank paper each & asking them to write down a question starting from ‘first-time’. For instance, first time the couple met, what did they think of each other? First date they had? First time they realized they were in love? First fight? and so on. The game could be made funnier with quirky & creative questions. It would also help the couple relive some of the best moments of their courtship period.
There are many other parlor games that one can easily enjoy at the wedding party & make the most of this joyous occasion.
Any Hindu marriage will be incomplete without a Wedding Mandap as most of the rituals are performed in the mandap itself. A beautiful mandap is the main attraction of a wedding where the groom and the bride take vows around the sacred fire to get bonded with each other for the lifetime. A beautifully decorated mandap will enhance the wedding celebrations and will make your wedding ceremony an unforgettable one.
Different Types of Decorations For Your Wedding Mandap:
While decorating the mandap you need to think of a theme as most of the wedding mandaps are theme based. Most of the decoration is either done with traditional colored red and golden draperies or either with beautiful flowers both fresh and artificial ones. The decorations done by the wedding planner are attractive and bright and are able to lure everyone’s mind who is present at the wedding. Apart from this the decorations can also be done through decorative artifacts. Some of the wedding mandaps are also decorated by peacock feathers as well as flowers.
Special Features Which Are In Demand While Decorating Wedding Mandap:
- Flowers like baby rose, orchid and lilies are in great demand while decorating wedding mandaps.
- Colors like mauve, peach, pink and sea greens are the prominent colors which are in great demand by those who are planning their wedding.
- Electrical garlands are replaced by lanterns and traditional candles.
- Netted silver drapes are immensely popular items for mandap decorations.
If your wedding date is decided and you are confused that which theme you want for decorating your mandap, then the above article will give you a basic idea while you are planning your wedding theme. Your main motive is to make your one time experience a lifetime one and can cherish your memories in the years to come.
Wedding is an important event in a person’s life. Although it is said to be in heaven, the task of making the wedding proceed smoothly falls on the shoulders of mortals. It may seem like a difficult and stressful task but a proper and methodical planning will ensure that the day goes on smoothly. The preparations should start early and do require a lot of foresight and planning.
- After the engagement, plan a suitable date for the wedding. Make sure that the wedding date gives you enough time to make suitable preparations and arrangements. Once the date has been set, inform your relatives and friends about the happy occasion so that they can take out the time from their schedules.
- Decide on the theme of the wedding. Grand event or simple and close knit? Themed or regular? Day or evening?
- Next, it would be wise to look around for suitable locations that go along with the theme of your wedding. The location should be large enough to seat the guests.
- Make sure that you decide on a proper wedding menu. Visit the caterer and sample the dishes so that you can make a proper decision.
- You can even hire a wedding planner who will guide and oversee the whole process so that you can focus on the finer details.
For the bride and the groom, the selection of the attire for all ceremonies must be planned ahead. This will give you time to alter or modify the garments if the need arises. Distribute the chores and tasks among friends and relatives so that you are not burdened and your energy isn’t drained off.
The main point is not to panic and stress. Remember that the day is about you and so you have to make sure that you feel calm. A well planned and systematic preparation will ensure that the wedding takes place smoothly without a glitch. After all, this is a day that you will cherish for the rest of your life.