It is a widely acknowledged fact that marriages are made in heaven. However, the choice of free will gives the option of rejecting or accepting a prospective partner. Everyone has their own preferences and dislikes, which is what decides the kind of person they want to spend the rest of their lives with. Marriage is a lifetime commitment and therefore, requires careful deliberation to make a calculated life-altering move. For this reason, it is important to choose the right man/woman for yourself to spend your entire life with, as any wrong decision vis-à-vis the person, would culminate into a disastrous and unhappy married life. Enumerated below, are 5 Types Of People You Should Never Marry:
- Any professional matchmaker would advise you to avoid a person, who is not culturally compatible. Culture here, does not necessarily mean the geographical area, but includes different viewpoint about life, a variation in thought process and mindsets and a difference in attitude. Such incompatibility is sure to cause discontent if put together.
- A person who lives in the world of vanity should be avoided. You do not want to marry a person who is engrossed in front of the mirror, and is not capable of holding a single quality conversation with you, as he/she does not have any time from fussing about their looks or themselves in general.
- Career is an important part of everyone’s life, however, one who makes it the “only part” part of his life, is definitely not going to do well after marriage. People, who are obsessed with their career and work, will never make any time for their partners, which renders them incapable of accepting a spouse.
- A person, who is interested in you only because of the way you look on the outside, should always be avoided. These kinds of people are fixated on physical appearances only and do not care about any factor in a person.They are always looking for beautiful faces and move from one to another, until they find one.
- If you happen to meet a person via matrimonial services, and find out that he/she has lied about their biography, no matter how minimal it may be, it is always a good idea to avoid such people. If they cannot be truthful about basic information pertaining to themselves, who knows what skeletons are hidden in their closets.The information mentioned above should always be kept in mind while choosing the right person, as ultimately it is your choice that would spell out happiness or sorrow at the end.
Matchmaking services help in finding the perfect match for a person, by understanding the needs and requirements of different people. These Match Making Services come equipped with Horoscope and kundli matching facilities, to find compatible couples in accordance with their respective star signs and birth charts. Astrology is a major Indian practice, which dominates all spheres of life, especially a marriage. Therefore, Indians find it auspicious and fruitful to marry the person with which they find a match in relation to their astrological and horoscope patterns. Indian matrimony websites render these services customized and tailored to suit each individual.
Significance of Horoscope in Indian Marriages
Horoscope matching is an integral part in any Hindu wedding, and the process takes place before the destined meet between prospective bride and groom. The main reason behind this is the belief that matches between the horoscopes would lead to a happy married life. If the number of “gunas” is more than 27 out of 36, the match is considered viable. Online match making services arrange the matching of horoscopes and kundlis, owing to its importance in hindu culture.
Services offered by Matrimonial Websites
Match making services have come out operational to accomplish the needs of people looking to enter the domain of marriage. These websites offer a plethora of services to customers, which are mentioned below:
- Search and information gathering- This function includes understanding the religious and social background of a person, procuring information pertaining to their horoscopes, lifestyle, jobs, culture, living condition and the like.
- Horoscope and Matching profiles- Filtering searches based on horoscope, match meters, and finding the right match. This service is also known as decision making, as people can look for their prospective partners, by mentioning their pre specified search criteria’s.
- Interaction Service- This feature allows the man and woman to contact each other via the website and arrange a physical meet. Video chat facility is also available in this kind of service.
- Marriage arrangements- Some matrimonial websites undertake the responsibility of arranging for the marriage ceremony on behalf of the client, starting from creation of the event till its culmination.
The aforementioned services are sometimes sold as an entire package like BharatMatrimony, a renowned online Match Making service, which helps its client in planning the perfect wedding, taking care of pre and post-wedding ceremony.
Choose your Life Partner Wisely
In a bid to get a so-called ‘perfect’ life partner people have started looking for more and more NRIs with a wish to get settled abroad. Decision to get married involves lot of factors such as stable life, secured future, luxurious life etc. that one takes into consideration [...]
Legal Requirements for Marriage Ceremony in Australia
If you are getting ready for your Wedding Day in Australia there are certain legalities to be aware of before you decide on your wedding plans. It’s highly important for one to understand the legal requirements in Australia before the actual wedding [...]
Online Matchmaking Services: Your Best Bet At Finding Your Soul Mate
Matrimony is a holy affair that entwines two souls and their families in a sacred connection. However, problem arises when a person is ready to mingle but due to fewer prospects available for marriage is forced to stay single [...]
The Glamour And Grandness Of Punjabi Wedding
Whenever we think of Punjabi wedding, the visuals of lavish decoration, loud music, unattended dancing, and sumptuous food immediately comes to our mind. This whole visual is itself a testament of the grand affair that the Punjabi weddings are [...]
Whenever we think of Punjabi wedding, the visuals of lavish decoration, loud music, unattended dancing, and sumptuous food immediately comes to our mind. This whole visual is itself a testament of the grand affair that the Punjabi weddings are. India is a land of different cultures and religion, and you can get a true glimpse of this vibrant culture in the wedding functions.
The pomp and show of the Punjabi Weddings are truly imbibed in different rituals and functions that culminate in the wedding. So, let us look at the pre-wedding functions of the Punjabi wedding:
The Glamour And Grandness Of Punjabi Wedding:
- Roka: This is an informal agreement and confirmation of the wedding between the families of the bride and groom. This function is usually performed at the bride’s place involving puja and exchange of gifts and sweets.
- Sagan or magni: This is the biggest function that happens before wedding. It is an engagement ceremony where the bride and groom exchange rings with each other. This function again is followed by exchange of gifts between the families of the bride and groom-to-be.
- Sagan or chunni chadana: At this occasion, the sister-in-law of the groom-to-be presents chunni to the bride-to-be. She is then, fed with boiled rice and milk by her mother-in law. It is followed by a havan and Tika ceremony held for blessing the bride and groom.
- Sangeet: It is the time when the true Punjabi character comes out, and the whole bride and groom family enjoy themselves in the loud music and dancing. Punjabi sangeet is loud, colorful, cheerful, and full of life. It reflects the true character of Punjabis and their philosophy of living life to the fullest.
- Mehendi: In this ceremony, the bride’s hands are decorated with beautiful henna designs. The henna is seen as a good ‘shagun.’ Even, the groom applies a little bit of Mehendi on his hand. The henna color connotes love and luck.
- Vatna: The ceremony is performed few days before the wedding. Vatna, a paste, made from turmeric, barley or chickpea flour, mustard oil and turmeric is applied on the bodies of the bride and groom-to-be. It follows a ritual bath performed in the presence of the respective families amidst the rhythms of traditional Punjabi wedding songs.
- Chuda Ceremony: This ceremony is performed at the maternal uncle’s place. The bride-to be is put on with a set of red and cream ivory bangles, also known as chuda. The chuda is a marriage symbol, which she can take out only after a fixed period. Also, a havan is performed by the priest to put iron bangle with shells and beads along with a mauli on the girl’s hand. The ceremony ends with the distribution of Prasad.So, these were the ceremonies that happen before the wedding takes place. There are many more that take place on the day of the wedding as well as after wedding. But, one thing is common about all these functions are that they all are full of life and celebration which is enhanced even more with dance and music.
Matrimony is a holy affair that entwines two souls and their families in a sacred connection. However, problem arises when a person is ready to mingle but due to fewer prospects available for marriage is forced to stay single. This is where Online Matchmaking Services come as a godsend gift for all the people looking to find love through marriage.
In the modern world of internet, when everything is done online matchmaking is not far behind. Now, one can get confused between dating website and matchmaking ones but the major difference between both is that the result of a dating website does not end in marriage. Online Matchmaking Services solely work for letting people find a suitable match for matrimony. They are a boon for people who are too shy or do not want to get into the hassle of dating and courtships.
There are other types of matchmaking services such as matchmakers or experts that work independently, print matrimonial advertisements, radio dating services, television matchmaking services etc. that lend a hand in helping you find your better half. But by far Online Matchmaking Services win the race hands down. They are easy, quick and simple.
Feature of Online Matchmaking Services:
- You can make your profile, post photos, and give detailed description that provide a better idea about you and what you are looking for in a partner.
- It is easy to edit and delete information. You can make changes whenever you want.
- Online services are interactive in nature. You are given options like video chatting, messaging etc.
- Making a profile is free and you can browse through other people’s profiles as well. You only have to pay for certain privileges and subscription fee.
Online Matchmaking Services are value for money when compared with print matrimonial services that have lesser scope for providing information. Unlike the traditional media, online media is much faster and convenient in terms of saving time.
An important thing to keep in mind while accessing Online Matchmaking Services is to remember that it a vast field, hence scope for frauds and scams is greater. The only solution to this dilemma is to go for a renowned and reputed website. Read their terms and conditions thoroughly before going further with availing their services.
Although there are no guarantees offered by Online Matchmaking Services but there are none in life as well. Therefore, out of all the other options they remain your best bet at finding your soul mate.
If you are getting ready for your Wedding Day in Australia there are certain legalities to be aware of before you decide on your wedding plans. It’s highly important for one to understand the legal requirements in Australia before the actual wedding.
You need either a civil or religious ‘Registered Marriage Celebrant’ to conduct the wedding ceremony
It is essential as only a Registered Marriage Celebrant is authorized to conduct marriages within Australia. They also have a Code of Practice which obliges them to adhere to and ensure that attention is given to the legality and professionalism of any Australian Marriage Ceremony. The marriage celebrant gives the marriage certificates to ensure the legality of your marriage.
You must fill up the form called a Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM)
In Australia, this form must be filled out and signed by the intended couple in front of certain witnesses, such as a ‘Civil Marriage Celebrant’ (CMC) and then received by the Celebrant who will conduct your wedding, at least one month and one day prior to the actual ceremony day. Every registered celebrant will have such a form and they will help you with filling it out. A Registered Marriage Celebrant knows of, and understands the requirements and procedures necessary for registering a lawful marriage.
In addition to arranging the above requirements, a good marriage celebrant will also provide:
- A well-presented legal Marriage Certificate
- A certified copy of the Marriage Certificate after the wedding, enabling you to change your surname on all your legal documents
- Accommodate you with a brief and pleasant ceremony in case a formal ceremony has not been planned
- Appropriate music, speakers and microphone; all will be taken care of
Even though the wedding ceremony will be organized according to your wishes and will be unique and personal, legal requirements to marry in Australia state that your wedding vows must comply with section 45 of the Marriage Act 1961.
According to the legal requirement you must have two witnesses over the age of 18.
Bank Accounts/Credit Cards
You must contact your bank or financial institution regarding their legal requirements.
The Wedding day is one of the auspicious days that one tends to cherish all throughout the life. Therefore being a little extra careful about all the necessary requirements especially the legal requirements prior to the wedding will make you stress-free and hassle-free and it will turn out to be the most memorable day of your life.
In a bid to get a so-called ‘perfect’ life partner people have started looking for more and more NRIs with a wish to get settled abroad. Decision to get married involves lot of factors such as stable life, secured future, luxurious life etc. that one takes into consideration. Most people usually believe that NRIs will be able to give their son or daughter a luxurious life to live along with a secured future. Even though it seems as if there is an increased demand of NRI proposals there are certain examples of NRI marriages that went wrong and had left negative impact on the people in the recent times. As there are two sides of a coin, everything in life has both positive and negative aspects. It is upon us to choose the right thing for us and make a wise decision.
Before going in for NRI proposals there are few things to follow which will ensure safe and happy life for your son/ daughter:
It is no harm to look for a NRI proposal but make sure to keep the following things in mind.
- Make all kinds of necessary enquiries about the bride/groom
- Conduct a thorough research about their family background as that is highly essential
- Cross check all the information, whether they are true or false, provided by them to you
- Enquire about their financial positions i.e., their property, savings accounts etc. to be sure of their original status
- Make sure to ask your son/daughter if he/she is fine with this kind of marriage arrangement or not, to ensure his/her happiness
- There are various matrimonial sites to look through to get a perfect reliable match
Avoid taking any hasty decision in a bid to get rid of your responsibility of marrying off your son/daughter sooner. Wishing for a perfect life partner with a secured future and a ‘NRI’ tag for your son/daughter is absolutely fine but do not take haphazard decision which might end up working in a negative way for your child. Choosing the right partner eventually takes time; so don’t be in a rush. There are numerous matrimonial sites which offer free and innovative profile creation, free online dating options. You can get your son/daughter registered in that which will help them in finding the suitable match easily. There are several specific categories as well in each site such as Hindu matrimonial, Christian matrimonial, Muslim matrimonial, Brahmin matrimonial which narrows down your search and makes it easier and convenient for you in finding the appropriate match.
Wedding Traditions & Customs
Weddings are a joyous affair, both for the couple involved and for their near and dear ones. Irrespective of which corner of the world the bride and groom belongs to, weddings are cheerful occasions that are celebrated with great pomp and fare. Depending on which faith the bride and groom belong to, there are different traditions and customs that are followed [...]
Wedding Rings & Their Importance
Wedding rings are the token exchanged at the wedding ceremonies. They are a pure symbol of perpetual love and commitment. Steeped in tradition, they connect two souls for lifelong companionship and faithfulness. Over the years, even as the meaning of wedding rings has changed in different cultures, yet they are highly valued as the symbol of the beginning of the new good relations [...]
What You Must Include In Your Bridal Makeup
Without an iota of doubt, you would have decided what you would be wearing on your d-day. The jewelry and footwear would have been decided too. But, have you decided the make-up as well? Don’t leave the makeup only to the makeup artist [...]
Without an iota of doubt, you would have decided what you would be wearing on your d-day. The jewelry and footwear would have been decided too. But, have you decided the make-up as well? Don’t leave the makeup only to the makeup artist. Here is a makeup checklist for you:
Waterproof Mascara: - You have to get this one. Go for quality waterproof mascara for your wedding. To get the best look, you can apply one coat of the waterproof mascara after using the regular mascara first. The wedding event is very emotional, and while shedding the tears, you would never want your makeup to be ruined.
Brow Highlighter: - Accentuate your beautiful eyes by applying light shade highlighter on the area beneath the arc of eyebrow. It will make your eyes look more open and brighter while maintaining the natural look. However, keep in mind that the shade of the highlighter should be lighter than your complexion.
Naturally Colored Bronzer: - Go for naturally colored bronzer for highlighting your neck area, forehead and other parts, as required. You can go for gold tone bronzer irrespective of the skin shade you have. It gives the most natural look.
Naturally Colored Blush: - Pick natural colored blush for highlighting your cheekbones. Smartly choose the right shade of pink or any lighter shade that imparts natural highlight to your skin complexion. If you cannot decide on any, blushes of any pink shade will can be chosen for the perfect natural appearance.
Moisturizer with SPF: - Go for sunscreen based moisturizer that is specially formulated to be applied on the face on wedding day. Using it is very important if the wedding is organized outdoors.
Lipstick: - Apply natural colored lipstick. You can go for the shade that matches with your eye-shadow.
In addition to keeping in mind the above-mentioned makeup accessories, schedule a date with the makeup artist solely to discuss the makeup to be worn on the d-day. It will help you out to decide on the best makeup style you can go for on your wedding day.
Wedding Rings & Their Importance
Wedding rings are the token exchanged at the wedding ceremonies. They are a pure symbol of perpetual love and commitment. Steeped in tradition, they connect two souls for lifelong companionship and faithfulness. Over the years, even as the meaning of wedding rings has changed in different cultures, yet they are highly valued as the symbol of the beginning of the new good relations.
By and large, contemporary wedding rings are crafted from precious metals and gemstones. Platinum, sterling silver, white gold and diamonds are commonly used for designing the wedding rings. The bands of Wedding Rings for Grooms are generally 7 to 12 mm wide while Bridal Wedding Rings’ bands measure approximately 4 mm wide.
History Of The Wedding Rings
Exchanging rings during a wedding ceremony was first originated in the prehistoric Egypt and the tradition eventually extended to Rome. However, in that period ring only symbolized woman to be the man’s possession instead of lifelong love between the two. It was until the beginning of 20th century that men wore the rings.
But nowadays, grooms as well as brides exchange rings during their wedding ceremonies and continue wearing them for as long as they want.
In ancient Asia too, rings were exchanged during wedding ceremonies. In fact, in ancient Asia puzzle rings were very popular signifying woman’s attachment to her husband while ensuring fidelity as well. If the wife ever removed that ring, it would completely fall apart and could be reconstructed only by the artisan who designed it. Thus, overprotective husbands used such rings to ensure their wives didn’t betray them.
The First Ever Wedding Ring
It is believed that the first ever wedding ring was made from plant material. It was skillfully crafted into a circle signifying the unending bond between two people. The Egyptians wore it on the forth finger of the left hand, with the belief that a vein in that finger directly connected to the heart. The ritual of wearing the wedding ring on this finger is still prevalent, which is pretty evident from the fact that the finger is called ring finger.
In modern era, exchanging ring is indeed not just about expressing possession of another or checking on infidelity. Rather, couples nowadays exchange wedding rings to express the never-ending love for each other.